I'm Leaving on A Jet Plane -- But Not For the Final Time

Even though I was prepared to leave Anaheim, I don’t think I was really ready for it. After maybe four hours of sleep, my alarm started going off and it was time to go. I started moving first then woke Christian up. It was time to go. We gathered all my stuff in three suitcases and a backpack and brought it out to the car.

We were going to try and stop for breakfast at McDonalds but I was nervous about making my flight on time and there was an accident on the road so we decided against it. When we got to the airport we parked and just sat there for a second. It was time. We had to go. We made it to the airport before Southwest even started letting people check in for the flights so Christian waited with me to check in. When we finally got to bag check, we weighed my bags and one of them was over by 3 pounds…cue my meltdown. I didn’t want to make Christian mail me anything, even though he knew my bags wouldn’t make it fit anywhere else. He took it like a champ though and let me freak out only to be the kindest person and tell me he would ship me the two mugs I didn’t have room for in my luggage. I finally gave in and my suitcases came just under weight.

As we were walking to security things got hard. I knew I was going to be the one to tell him to leave, and he didn’t want to go. We had tried to prepare for this as much as we could, but leaving is never easy. I took my bags from him and then started walking toward security. I could tell he was tearing up a little bit and my chest started to swell. We kissed for one final time, and then I asked him to go. He walked out the airport, and I ducked my head and went through security silently bawling the entire time. I’m pretty sure everyone felt bad for me going through, but everyone was really nice about it.

Since I had about 45 minutes at this point before my flight even started to board, I stopped at Starbucks and got a much-needed coffee and a bagel, because I had to make it through the day somehow. We finally got on my first flight, which stopped in Phoenix and everything went smooth (after they escorted two people off). We were running about 10 minutes late, but we made it leaving me 40 minutes to get to my next flight...across the airport. I ran as fast as I could and made it with just enough time to get to the restroom and grab a bottle of water and a snack and got in line to board the flight. Little did I know, the flight wouldn’t take off for 30 minutes because they over scheduled the pilot. Once we got going though, everything went smoothly. I sat next to the most adorable kids and we chatted and I wrote…a lot.
Image Map

Post a Comment

Thanks for saying hello! I love hearing from all of you & reply back to everyone as quickly as I can! xoxo

Latest Instagrams

© From the South. Design by Fearne.