The Long Trip Ahead (I Moved!)

From here on out, there won't really be a chronological order to my postings until I catch up. Today's post is going to be all about my moving process from Baton Rouge, LA to Orlando, FL. It honestly wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, and to be honest a lot less scary than I thought as well. 

About five days before I was supposed to leave, my maw maw passed away (but more on that later), so the whole moving process was literally up to me. My dad had to go to New Orleans a lot to take care of his dad, and everything else dealing with the funeral arrangements, and just to be there for support for his family. 

I ended up packing up my car, by myself, a week before leaving. I would just move one or two things at a time and it only took me two or three days. Since my dad was in New Orleans all week, and my little sister was at her boyfriends house, luckily my then-boyfriend asked me to stay with him the week before I left so I didn't have to be home alone during that week. I'll always be very, very grateful for that. 

The day I needed to leave, I woke up at my then-boyfriends & he went on a special mission to find me this going away present. He had this elaborate plan, which was insanely sweet, and in the end my present was a leather bound copy of his favorite book, which I had never read (I'm still working on it - there's just not enough time in the day). He stood on the curb and waved goodbye to me as I drove out of his apartment, one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. 

I then went to my dads, and then my moms houses to say goodbye to my family. Surprisingly that wasn't as hard as leaving my then-boyfriend's earlier that morning. I packed the snacks my parent's gave me onto the passengers seat and headed off. It was a really uneventful drive, except for the rain. And I only stopped three times - for gas and restroom breaks. Oh, and once for Monster Rehab because I started to pass out from the boringness of the drive in Florida. 

It was about a 12 hour drive, so I got to the hotel that three of my other roommates and I were staying at that night around midnight/almost 1 AM. It was the first time that any of us had actually met in person, and while it was nerve wracking it was also a ton of fun. 

Image Map

Post a Comment

Thanks for saying hello! I love hearing from all of you & reply back to everyone as quickly as I can! xoxo

Latest Instagrams

© From the South. Design by Fearne.